I’ve found that the biggest secret to keeping up a blog is to just keep going! I’ll admit that blogging does mess with my mind as I have a picture in my head of how it should be and should look. BUT I’d rather wait and write a piece that I’m proud of and that I LOVE and that I WANT to share with YOU.
I’ve done soooo much over the last few months that I’m a little lost with everything that’s going on- yet at the same time, I feel like I haven’t done anything- makes sense, right?
In school I got a C for Maths (not great – whoop whoop for a pass though!), but here are some more impressive numbers that made up my 2013 year:
- I became an Aunt… 3 times! So that’s 3 little nephews: Riley, Joshua and Frank.
- I saw 20 of my favourite music artists live. Katy Perry is next! 😀
- I drove around 6,450 miles in my first year of driving (includes one return trip to Scotland = circa 746 miles)
- I visited 1 new country (Belgium) – I say that’s impressive as some people don’t have the opportunity to travel.
- I took 191 photos on Instagram (Taylaac4)
- I was nominated in 4 out of the 6 categories at our work’s awards evening- one category included the award for “Working Together” where I was part of the winning team.
- I got the key to the door of life itself- I turned 21!!!
- England became my home of 3 years.
- With a little help from my friends, I raised £2,500 for Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children by skydiving and having the greatest adrenaline rush.
- I survived another year… that’s 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes and 31,536,000 seconds. Way to go!!!!
Hello my dear readers,
This post is almost ONE WHOLE YEAR late, but as they say: it’s better late than never. In March 2013, I decided to do a photo challenge – Please see the post here. I adapted the challenge and admittedly, some photo’s aren’t from that exact day, but all the themes have been covered. xoxo
I have decided to undertake the “PHOTO A DAY” challenge, where I will be taking a photo every day of March which reflects on the relevant themes below. I chose March as it is the month of many birthdays in my family, including myself, and this year I turn 21! I will be posting the 31 photos after I complete the challenge. If you would like to be a part of it, here’s what to do:
It’s time to start #NikonPhotoADay for the month of March and, if you gave up halfway through the February, it’s time to start afresh and join us for this month-long photographic challenge. Here’s how it works:
1. Keep the #NikonPhotoADay March list with you at all times.
2. Use the daily themes of inspiration to take your photograph for that day. For example: 31. Egg – photograph an egg or something that makes you think of an egg etc. Each theme is open to your own interpretation.
4. This is for fun. There are no winners, losers or prizes.
5. Share with your friends! Challenge them if you must.
As 2012 begins, I’d like to share the 45 most powerful images of 2011 and reflect back before taking another 365 day journey around the sun.
So much can happen in one year that we forget to do and say the things that we want or need to say. These pictures show that life is too short to wait.