FEET: One thing you want to accomplish in life
I want to be rich… with experiences from all over the world. I want to feel alive, not just be alive. I want to see the world through my own eyes.
KNEES: Two things that make you go weak in the knees
- The incredible feeling I get when singing along to my favorite musicians… LIVE. Nothing can beat the tranquility and absolute happiness I feel when the music is so good that my eyes water, my hair stands up from head to toe and my heart beats in time with the sounds.
- Needles… and not in a good way – they are my biggest fears. I get like this girl does – LOL! Yes, I know I have a tattoo, but it is so different. It just is.
STOMACH: Three comfort foods
- Ben & Jerry’s Phish Food ice cream
- Macaroni cheese (with bacon!!! Life is better with bacon)
HANDS: Four things you’ve created that you’re proud of
- Scrapbooks – 1 for my niece, nephew and my friend, Amy
- My drawings
- These super sexy chocolate bowls
- My beautiful coffee table photo collage
HEART: Five people you love in this or any other world
WOW! This is a hard once to answer “properly”
MOUTH: Six favorite quotes
- “Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck.” – Joss Whedon
- “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “…accept the things I cannot change…” – from the Serenity Prayer
- “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, love like you’ll never be hurt, sing like there’s nobody listening, and live like it’s heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
NOSE: Seven favorite scents
- Freshly washed laundry
- Jasmine flowers
- The seaside
- Bacon (Again, life is better with bacon)
- Bonfires / fire / matchsticks
- Cherry car air freshener
- Baking cakes
EYES: Eight celebrity crushes
- James Franco (NUMBER 1!!! Need I say more??!! And have you seen his little brother Dave???)
- Shia Lebeouf (Unexpected)
- Dave Grohl
- Ashton Kutcher
- Bradley Cooper
- Johnny Depp (Pretty sure he is on everyone’s list – men and women all over the world)
- Ed Sheeran (if you don’t agree – go see him live then come back to me!)
- Hemsworth brothers
EARS: Nine favourite songs
9 of MANY!!! (and in no order)
- Use Somebody (Kings of Leon)
- Videogames (Lana Del Ray)
- For the First Time (The Script)
- Collide (Howie Day)
- The Best (Tina Turner)
- Ironic (Alanis Morissette)
- Drops of Jupiter (Train)
- Home (Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)
- Post Break-Up Sex (The Vaccines)
I’ve found that the biggest secret to keeping up a blog is to just keep going! I’ll admit that blogging does mess with my mind as I have a picture in my head of how it should be and should look. BUT I’d rather wait and write a piece that I’m proud of and that I LOVE and that I WANT to share with YOU.
I’ve done soooo much over the last few months that I’m a little lost with everything that’s going on- yet at the same time, I feel like I haven’t done anything- makes sense, right?
In school I got a C for Maths (not great – whoop whoop for a pass though!), but here are some more impressive numbers that made up my 2013 year:
- I became an Aunt… 3 times! So that’s 3 little nephews: Riley, Joshua and Frank.
- I saw 20 of my favourite music artists live. Katy Perry is next! 😀
- I drove around 6,450 miles in my first year of driving (includes one return trip to Scotland = circa 746 miles)
- I visited 1 new country (Belgium) – I say that’s impressive as some people don’t have the opportunity to travel.
- I took 191 photos on Instagram (Taylaac4)
- I was nominated in 4 out of the 6 categories at our work’s awards evening- one category included the award for “Working Together” where I was part of the winning team.
- I got the key to the door of life itself- I turned 21!!!
- England became my home of 3 years.
- With a little help from my friends, I raised £2,500 for Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children by skydiving and having the greatest adrenaline rush.
- I survived another year… that’s 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes and 31,536,000 seconds. Way to go!!!!
Hello my dear readers,
This post is almost ONE WHOLE YEAR late, but as they say: it’s better late than never. In March 2013, I decided to do a photo challenge – Please see the post here. I adapted the challenge and admittedly, some photo’s aren’t from that exact day, but all the themes have been covered. xoxo
In only four months, I’ll be off work for a month to go back home to South Africa. I am so excited and thought I’d share this great video with you all. It’s a creative guide on how to sing the national anthem of South Africa which has five (yes, five!) of the eleven official languages of SA in it.
Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika (God Bless Africa) is a true representation of our Rainbow Nation and I hope you enjoy it 🙂